Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
WARA/Mastercard Foundation 2021-2022 Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships for young West African scholars
The West African Research Association (WARA), in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, is pleased to announce support for young West African scholars through its Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program. This program reflects our joint commitment to increasing opportunities for emerging West African scholars, people who are transforming ideas into active solutions to the challenges facing not only the region, but also throughout the globe.
West Africa, like other parts of the world, is rich in intellectual resources. Universities are home to scholarly communities of scientists, historians, artists, and social scientists. Young scholars in the region are carrying out innovative, cutting edge research in agriculture, technology, the humanities, and a wide range of other fields. They are poised to deliver innovative solutions to challenges posed by the changing climate, demographic shifts, and cultural transformations that mark our times. The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program will support the research initiatives of these young scholars.
The Fellowship is open to doctoral students under age 35 who are based in West African institutions of higher education, for research on the African continent. The program reflects the commitment of stakeholders to increase research opportunities to emerging scholars from the region with ideas that will proffer solutions to several challenges facing not only the region but the world.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): WARA and Mastercard Foundation
Fellowship to be taken in African
Fellowship Level: Doctorate
Fellowship Benefit: $4,000
Subject Eligibility: Not specified
Country Eligibility: West African countries
WARA- Mastercard Foundation Doctoral Fellowship 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the WARA- Mastercard Foundation Doctoral Fellowship 2021, applicants must:
- Applicants must be young scholars from a West African country.
- Applicants must be under 35 years enrolled in a doctoral program at a West African institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must be poised to deliver innovative solutions to challenges posed by the changing climate, demographic shifts, and cultural transformations that mark our time.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the WARA- Mastercard Foundation Doctoral Fellowship 2021 are to apply online and ensure that they provide the required documents.
- Project abstract (50-80 words)
- 1500 word proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement explaining how your research will contribute to meeting critical needs on the continent.