The UCL Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low income background to pursue full-time undergraduate degree studies at UCL.
The scholarship will provide over 30 scholarships covering full tuition fees & maintenance for Successful applicants.
About University College London (UCL)
University College London, officially known as UCL since 2005, is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a member institution of the federal University of London.
Established in 1826, as London University by founders inspired by the radical ideas of Jeremy Bentham, UCL was the first university institution to be established in London, and the first in England to be entirely secular and to admit students regardless of their religion.
- Value: 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance and 20 awards of full tuition fees
- Available to: Prospective students
- Selection criteria: Financial need
- Eligible fee status: Overseas
- Eligible programmes: All Undergraduate degrees
- Deadline: 5pm BST, Friday 29 April 2022
Requirements for UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
To be considered for the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship 2022, applicants are to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants can be from any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be eligible to pay the overseas fee rate.
- Must come from a low income background.
- Must have submitted an admission application for a full-time undergraduate degree at UCL in 2022/23.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic abilities.
Benefits of UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship
- There are up to 30 scholarships available in 2022/23.
- 10 awards of full tuition fees & maintenance; 20 awards of full tuition fees
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal duration of the programme
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Undergraduate degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarship being awarded
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply
You need to have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Friday 29 April 2022.
Results: Successful candidates for 2022/23 will be notified by 31 May 2022.