United Nations Refugee Award 2022 | Apllication Deadline : 20-Feb-22 :
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is inviting nominations for the 2022 Nansen Refugee Award. Nominate now if you know an inspiring individual or group making a difference.
Every year, UNHCR searches for a person or an organization with exceptional dedication and commitment in supporting people who are refugees, internally displaced or stateless.
United Nations Refugee Award 2022 | Benefits
The laureate or the winning organization receives US $ 150,000 to invest in their humanitarian work. Additionally, four regional winners from each global region outside of the laureate’s region are selected and honored with a certificate and a local event.
United Nations Refugee Award 2022 | Criteria
- When reviewing nominations, the following criteria is considered:
- Candidates may be individuals, groups or organizations. Every Nansen Refugee Award laureate and regional winners spend an extraordinary amount of time and effort to help the forcibly displaced:
- The nominee’s work goes beyond the call of duty and outside of normal activities;
- The nominee’s work demonstrates courage – they might at times face personal risk for his / her / their work;
- The nominee’s work has a direct positive impact on the lives of forcibly displaced or stateless people;
- The work is connected to a major displacement issue or situation.
- Nominators: Anyone may submit a candidate for the Nansen Refugee Award. They welcome the nomination of any deserving individual, group or organization. Finalists from previous year are still eligible. Please note self-nominations are strongly discouraged.
- Eligibility: Current or former UNHCR employees are ineligible.
- References: Three references must be provided. References should be diversely selected (not all from the same organization or group). The nomination will be ineligible without three referees.
You may Also Apply for : Tony Elumelu Foundation 2022: $5000 Grant | Apply Now
The Nansen Refugee Award, given by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), is now accepting nominations. Each year, UNHCR honors an exceptional individual, group, or organization that has gone above and beyond their daily responsibilities to support refugees, internally displaced people, and stateless people. So, if you are one of them, or if you know someone or a group working to make a difference in this area, read the information below.
Organized by: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Nomination Deadline: February 20, 2022
Winner Announcement: September 2022
Number of awards: 1 laureate & 4 regional winners
- The winner will receive $150,000 to put toward their humanitarian efforts.
- In addition, 4 regional winners are chosen from each global region and presented with a certificate.
United Nations Refugee Award 2022 | Who can be nominated for UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award?
- Any person, group of individuals, or organization that has done exceptional humanitarian work on behalf of refugees, displaced peoples, or stateless peoples is eligible to be nominated.
- Former and current UNHCR employees are ineligible, as are United Nations Volunteers (UNVS) working for UNHCR offices.
- Finalists of last year are eligible to apply.
United Nations Refugee Award 2022 | Selection Process
- The Nansen Refugee Award Selection Committee is an independent body which selects the annual laureate and four regional winners.
- Please note that the selection process remains strictly confidential, and no information regarding the status of your appointment will be released.
- The 2022 the laureate and regional winners will be announced in September 2022.
For more information and To Apply , visit https://www.unhcr.org/nominate