The National Social Housing Programme (NSHP) will allow individuals in the low-income bracket to afford a house with as low as ₦2,000,000 only.
Federal Government has disclosed that it is set to construct 300,000 homes across Nigeria for low-income earners under its National Social Housing Programme (NSHP).
This disclosure was made by the Government in a tweet which was made public via the official Twitter handle of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The government disclosed that low-income earners can become homeowners easily under the new NSHP initiative, which seeks to deliver affordable housing pegged at 300,000 units and millions of jobs for Nigerians.
- The National Social Housing Programme (NSHP) is the housing component of the President Muhammadu Buhari Economic Sustainability Plan to deliver affordable housing and millions of jobs for Nigerians.
- Under this programme, 300,000 homes will be constructed in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), with the Family Homes Funds (FHF) as the lead developer, however other Nigerian partnerships and collaborations are welcomed to facilitate the construction of these homes.
The National Social Housing Programme (NSHP) will allow individuals in the low-income bracket to afford a house with as low as ₦2,000,000 only. According to the Government some of the offers which would be made available for aspiring homeowners throughout Nigeria are:
- 2-Rooms (1 Bedroom House) for ₦2,000,000.
- 3-Rooms (2 Bedroom House) for ₦2,750,000.
- 4-Rooms (3 Bedroom House) for ₦3,500,000
The government in this regard has decided to intervene through the provision of a Mass Housing Programme of 300,000 homes across Nigeria for low-income earners.
The Social Housing Programme is expected to play a huge role in reducing the socioeconomic challenges that emerge from the development of slum settlements.
This takes avid steps towards making the Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs 11) a reality, as it the NSHP aimed at making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Nairametrics reported three months ago that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had approved the sum of N200 billion as a mortgage finance facility to the Family Homes Fund Limited (FHFL) and targeted at low-income earners.
- This fund was approved to fast track the construction of 300,000 homes in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory and to create up to 1.5 million jobs in 5 years.
- According to The Punch, the Managing Director, Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Senator Gbenga Ashafa, on October 20th 2020, signed a Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of the government with Family Homes Funds Limited for the construction and delivery of 1,000 homes, being phase one of the 300,000-units social housing projects.
- He told journalists in Abuja that some FHA directors on Monday visited the site where the first 1,000 houses would be built in Bwari, a satellite town in Abuja. He added that full construction would start in November.
The NHF scheme is for Nigerians in all sectors of the economy, particularly those within the low and medium income levels who cannot afford commercial housing loans e.g. civil servants, traders, artisans, commercial drivers etc. Any intending beneficiary must be a registered contributor and up to date with his/her contributions.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY