Salzburg Global Internship Program 2022 | ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Communications Interns’ primary task is to tell compelling stories about the impact of Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs through written and multimedia content for the Salzburg Global Seminar website, print publications, social media platforms and external media partners. As 2022 will mark Salzburg Global’s 75th Anniversary, much of our communications work will focus on our long history as well as our current programs.
The Communications Team works on every Salzburg Global program, so our interns gain exposure to a wide array of topics and experts, which will help expand their knowledge and networks.
As part of a small and busy team, the Communications Intern will also assist in other internal and external communications, giving them experience beyond journalistic writing and across all the communications output typical of a nonprofit.
Salzburg Global Internship Program 2022 | Application deadline: January 17, 2022
Start date: February 2022
To facilitate a February 2022 start date, we can only process applications from EU citizens or other Austrian residents eligible to work in Austria for this role. We look forward to welcoming applications from all over the world for our opportunities later in the year!
Salzburg Global Internship Program 2022 | DUTIES INCLUDE
- Writing both short, quick-turn-around program reports and long, in-depth interviews and features for SalzburgGlobal.org
- Researching and writing about the 75-year history of Salzburg Global Seminar, our programs and our Fellows for featuring in our 75th Anniversary materials, including Clemens magazine, a dedicated website, podcast and other publications
- Conducting interviews with Fellows and donors for SalzburgGlobal.org
- Producing content for Salzburg Global’s social media and digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Drafting press releases and recruitment mailings
- Maintaining the digital assets and publications libraries and assisting with worldwide mailing distribution
- Assisting with alumni engagement and administration
- Providing general administrative assistance to the Public Affairs team
Salzburg Global Internship Program 2022 | SKILLS REQUIRED
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Salzburg Global Seminar
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or significant journalistic work experience outside of their degree studies, e.g. with a college newspaper
- Experience of working in the media, particularly in online and/or features writing
- Native or equivalent proficiency in written and spoken English; excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of international affairs and/or other topics covered by Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs during the internship
- Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required; experience with Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop), and web CMS, and multimedia editing is also highly desirable
- A can-do attitude, ability to multi-task and a willingness to work flexible hours, according to program/project needs
- Confidence and comfort communicating with people at different levels of seniority, through a multitude of channels and from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
German language skills are not required.
The internship is full-time for three months. The position is unpaid, but the successful candidate will be provided with free on-site accommodation at Schloss Leopoldskron, all meals and a return ticket for their country of residence, as well as excellent networking opportunities with the international participants of our programs.
You may aslo apply for : Tony Elumelu Foundation 2022: $5000 Grant | Apply Now
Salzburg Global Internship Program 2022 | HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via the online application form. You will need to upload the following:
- Cover letter
- Three examples of your communications work, including long-form writing and multimedia (these can be provided as attachments and/or links)
Deadline: January 17, 2022.
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a short edit test and an interview. No phone calls please.
For more information please open this link