Are you a Nigerian young person, between the ages of 18 – 35? Have you seen a problem or issue that is really just an opportunity? Do you have an idea or solution that you are not quite sure how to articulate or implement but you’re passionate about and willing to see it through? Then, Orange Corners is the place for you.
Orange Corners Nigeria’s ambition is to develop and strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Nigeria. This ecosystem should enable youth to develop their business concept and become successful entrepreneurs, by providing them with the necessary opportunities, skills, and access to markets.
Through Orange Corners, provides young entrepreneurs with a 6-month incubation programme. At the same time, Orange Corners serves as a bridge between these innovative entrepreneurs and the private sector. This offers a great benefit to all partners involved. Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with a local service provider.
- Nigeria has a significant underutilization of its youth population with staggering levels of youth unemployment and underemployment (above 60%). Therefore, this growing issue provides the opportunity to leverage the passion of the youth, innovation, technology, and entrepreneurial mindset to add value to the economy.
- However, from their experience, they understand that young businesses have problems surviving the first five years because they lack the knowledge and fostering environment necessary to transition from a concept to reality.
- Therefore, the objective is to contribute to the creation of a prosperous and robust entrepreneurial ecosystem in Nigeria where young people can develop needed competencies, become more confident and take advantage of networks and opportunities they were ignorant about to provide value to the Nigerian economy through viable, growing and sustainable businesses.
- For now, the programme will take place virtually.
- This program will not only provide the foundational entrepreneurial knowledge, tools, and resources needed to transform an idea into a business but will also make available the networks and support needed for sustainable growth of the business.
- There is a variety of benefits the program will offer applicants of which the most important ones are:
- Enterprise Management Training;
- Business Incubation & Advisory Services;
- Funding for prototype development & testing;
- Mentorship & Coaching.
- In order to meet the selection criteria applicant must be:
- Be an aspiring entrepreneur from Lagos, Nigeria;
- Be between 18-35 years old;
- Have a validated innovative business concept, not more than <2 years old;
- The product or service responds to a local challenge in Nigeria;
- The product or service relates to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Budding entrepreneurs will be selected based on the:
- Social Impact;
- Clarity of Market;
- Sustainability & Scalability of the business idea;
- Competence of the entrepreneur/team.
For more information, visit https://orangecorners.com/nigeria/