Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from qualified candidates into the NLNG Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for Masters Degree Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2022. The Scheme seeks to grow a pool of high potential Nigerian graduates and professionals with a competitive advantage.
This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities. The value of the scholarship is USD67,500 per awardee per study. Actual spend per awardee however ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
The scheme covers these areas of study: Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.The 2019 awardees have commenced their programmes in various UK universities. 78 persons have so far benefited from the scheme with a total expenditure of N1.308b ($4.27m).
About Nigeria LNG Limited
Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export.
The establishment of NLNG is backed by the NLNG Act. The company is owned by four shareholders, namely, the Federal Government of Nigeria, represented by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (49%); Shell (25.6%); Total Gaz Electricite Holdings France? (15%) and Eni (10.4%).
It has wholly owned subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML). With six trains currently operational, NLNG’s plant, on Bonny Island in Rivers State, is capable of producing 22 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) of LNG, and 5 MTPA of NGLs (LPG and Condensate) from 3.5 Billion (standard) cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) of natural gas intake.
NLNG’s near term expansion plans include construction of a seventh train to complement the existing six train structure, which when in operation will up the company’s total production capacity to 30 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) of LNG.
Aim and Benefits of NLNG Postgraduate scholarships
- The value of the scholarship is USD67,500 per awardee per study.
Requirements for NLNG Postgraduate scholarships Qualification
- Have provisional admission from any of the underlisted UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines Renewable Energy, Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology Law and Medicine: the University of Aberdeen, University of Cranfield
- Minimum of Second class (upper division) in the relevant field of study
- Completed NYSC programme
- Minimum of 8.0 IELTS score (with not less than 7.0 in all elements)
- Not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application
- Be resident in Nigeria and plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Provide a letter of identification from respective Local Government Councils
- Provide a letter of consent from the employer (if in service of any organization)
- Possess an international passport valid for travel, at least one year from September 2022
- Able to obtain UK Tier-4 students visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence of availability to travel in September 2022 if selected
- Not be a spouse, child, word, or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Documents Required for Application
- Recent passport photograph without glasses (not more than three months old)
- International passport bio-data page
- First-degree certificate
- NYSC Discharge certificate
- Provisional admission letter from any of the indicated UK institutions above
- IELTS result
- LGA letter of identification Employer consent letter (where applicable).
How to Apply for NLNG Scholarships 2022
To apply for NLNG Scholarships successfully, follow the procedures below.
- Visit NLNG Scholarships official website and select a form for eligible category.
- Select your category (e.g Undergraduate)
- Once you select a category, click on “REGISTER”, you’ll be redirected to the application form
- Once you’re done filling the form, Click on “SUBMIT” Please review the form before you submit to affirm all information are correct
NOTE: The deadline for this scholarship application is April 18, 2022.
For more details,visit NLNG website