IITA recruitment 2022 online application procedure is here. Are you interested in the International institute of tropical agriculture recruitment? IITA is calling on suitably qualified candidates to apply for the 2022 recruitment exercise.
The International institute of tropical agriculture is recruiting. See the available vacancies, requirements, qualifications and also how to apply for the IITA recruitment 2022.
If you are interested in the IITA jobs, you are advised to take time and read this guide to help you submit your application successfully on the recruitment portal.
What You Need To Know About IITA?
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, IITA was established in 1967 as one of the sixteen (16) International Research Centers funded by the Consulting Group on International Agriculture Research (CGIAR).
The Institute is responsible for partnering with other organizations across Africa and beyond to enhance crop quality and productivity. With a goal focused on reducing hunger, poverty, and ultimately malnutrition in Africa, IITA works relentlessly with partners to reduce the crop producers, consumers’ risks, and generate wealth from Agriculture.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is a non-profit organization that is supported by several countries from around the world to promote agricultural innovations. IITA motto which is “Transforming Africa’s Agriculture” is in line with its purpose which is “Agricultural Research Development.
So far, IITA has completed many beneficial projects which have affected crop yield in Africa including staple food crops such as Banana, Soybean, Plantain, Cowpea, Maize, Cassava, Maize, and Yam.
IITA is governed by a Board of Trustees and is headed by the present Director General, Nteranya Sanginga. The institute also has several research stations spread across Africa has its headquarters in Ibadan, Nigeria.
How to Apply for IITA Recruitment 2022/2023:
Start your application here
Just copy the URL into your browser.
Qualification and Experience:
This is a graduate job well reserved for applicants of Accounting or related field.
- ICAN skill level with a minimum of six (6) years working experience
- Have a strong analytical mind,
- Be very good with computer applications, especially Oracle applications.
- Have a very pleasant personality,
- Be a good team player and honest
- Have good communication skills.
What are the Functions of IITA?
Like every other organization, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture has several functions including;
- To enhance income, food security, and well-being of resource-poor people humid and sub-humid zones of sub-Saharan Africa.
- To conduct research-related activities to improve food systems, increase agricultural production, and sustainably manage natural resources in partnership with national and international stakeholders.
- To identify, develop and promote technologies for sustainable production and post-harvest systems for small and medium-scale farmers.
- To develop and improve systems for the effective management and conservation of natural resources for sustainable agriculture.
- To help strengthen national and regional research programs.
- To accomplish the IITA mission through research, training delivery, information provision, and participation in technology transfer activities with a wide range of partners.
- To adopt a “system” orientation throughout the Institute.
- To ensure that research and related activities impact positively and sustainably on the livelihoods of low-income people in particular.
- To give high priority to managing natural resources sustainably and preserving biodiversity.
- To pay special attention to low external input strategies for both land-use and agricultural intensification and to other alternatives to shifting cultivation.
- To take advantage of the Institute’s capacity for biological control of the pest.
- To research areas such as post-harvest utilization, social science, resource management, integrated pest management, and breeding.
- To disseminate information worldwide on all aspects of its research and training activities to interested stakeholders.
What is the Strength of IITA?
The Strength of the IITA is in both its operational structures and staff strength. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture has over 21 research stations across Western, Southern, Central Africa, and Southern African regions of Africa. IITA also employs hundreds of staff in its research stations all of who range from researchers to scientists.
What is the Primary Role of IITA?
The primary role of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is to ensure food security for sub-Saharan Africa in the future by carrying out key research focused on projects that address staple food crops including Yam, Plantain, Cowpea, Banana, Maize, Cassava, and Soybean.
Monthly Salary of IITA
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture’s salary structure is designed by Consulting Group on International Agriculture Research, CGIAR. Employee’s rank and mode of employment determine a person’s monthly salary at IITA. However, IITA staff averagely earn between…and… monthly.
What are the Branches of IITA?
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is a large organization with several branches. However, these branches are not known as branches but by different names. IITA has sixteen (16) stations in 11 African Countries namely;
- Dr Congo.
IITA also has four (4) major hubs also known as the major headquarters in Central, Eastern, Southern, and Western Africa which include;
- Ibadan, Nigeria – Western Africa.
- Zambia – Southern Africa.
- Kinshasha, DR Congo – Central Africa.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – Eastern Africa.
IITA also has an administrative department with various hubs including;
- Supply Chain.
- Hospitality and Travels.
- Human Resources.
- Information Technology.
- Facility Management.
Like other organizations, IITA equally has various directorates all of which has units under them. They include;
- General Directorate.
- Finance Directorate.
- Corporate Services Directorate.
- Research for Development Directorate
Partnerships for Delivery Directorate
- Development and Delivery.
- Youth in Agribusiness.
- Capacity Development.
- Business Incubation Platform.
Lastly, IITA has various research programs including;
- Plant Production and Plant Health.
- Crop Improvement and Biotechnology.
- Social Science and Agribusiness.
- Natural Resources Management.