International applicants are hereby invited to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The scholarships in China for international students is hosted by the Harbin Institute of Technology, one of China’s first six leading universities.
The university is a unique university with science and engineering as its core and has developed to include management, liberal arts, economy, law and other disciplines.
The scholarship is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship and assigned from Ministry of Education to the university to recruit outstanding international students.
About Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
Chinese Government Postgraduate Scholarship
- Type – Postgraduate
- Organisation – Chinese Governmeent
- Country to study – China
- School to study – Harbin Institute of Technology
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – March 31, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Chinese Government Postgraduate Scholarship
- Exemption from registration fee, tuition fee and accommodation fee
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical insurance
- Monthly stipend of 3,000 RMB/month for masters students
- Monthly stipend of 3,500 RMB/month for doctoral applicants
Requirements for Chinese Government Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
- 1. Tuition fees;
- 2. Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
- 3. Comprehensive medical insurance:
- 4. Stipend is granted to the students at the following rates after freshman coming to China to register, the stipend will not be reissued before coming to China:
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Ⅳ. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies
Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students
Doctoral Degree Students
Note: The duration of Master’s degree is generally 3 years. The following schools are 2 years: School of Management，School of Instrumentation Science and Engineering ，School of Humanities, Social Science and Law，School of Life Science and Technology .
The application materials must be true and accurate with two hard copies either in English or Chinese. Materials in other language must be notarized by official notary office either in English or Chinese.
- 1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
The CSC Online Application System is available at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ .
Scholarship type: B
- 2. Highest full-time study diploma
Note: An applicant who is a current university student shall submit the certificate of expected graduation or student status issued by his/her university.
- 3. Transcripts
It must be signed and sealed from school. (the original copy)
- 4. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words).
- 5. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
- 6. A scanned copy of the Passport Information Page. (valid for at least one year).
- 7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Note: An applicant to study in China for more than six months shall submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original document, printed by Chinese quarantine authorities, shall be filled in in English and kept by the applicant). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only six months;
- 8. Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Note: Material assessment fee is non-refundable.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- 9. Language proficiency certificate
Master’s Degree: report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years),
Doctoral Degree: report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years), English proficiency certificate；
An applicant who obtains Chinese college/university degree with Chinese taught is not required to provide HSK4 report.
English- taught programs: English proficiency certificate .
- 10. Valid Certificate of Non- Criminal Record
- 11. Acceptance letter( not a must)
Note: An applicant is encouraged to contact professors prior to application and enclose the acceptance letter from professors of HIT.
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except School of Humanities, Social Science and Law). Master’s degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English-taught programs of Management, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology.
Note: For programs taught in English, an applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate; for Chinese-taught programs or Remedial Chinese Language Courses, an applicant should submit report of HSK4 or above (valid for two years).
- 1. An applicant material will be reviewed by admission office and HIT has the right to make necessary adjustment on major and study duration according to the applicant’s education background and study plan. If the applicant’s conditions or application materials do not meet the provisions and requirements, the application shall be regarded as invalid and shall not be accepted.
- 2. An applicant should check all the information on the admission notice. An applicant is not permitted to change his/her professors, specialties, institutions, study duration or teaching language specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
How To Apply
An applicant should post application materials in time to International Cooperation Division of HIT from October 15 to March 31, 2022.
Note: The application date is defined as the date on which HIT office receives the hard copy application materials.
Interested and qualified? Go to Chinese Governmeent on studyinchina.csc.edu.cn to apply
IX. Contact Information
Tel: +86-451-86412647 +86-451-86402455
E-mail Us: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Address: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin, China
Please mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
The International Cooperation Division will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.