DSS Recruitment 2022/2023 is ongoing. In this article, we will provide vital information on the DSS recruitment portal www.dss.gov.ng, requirements, qualifications, how to apply for the Department of State Security recruitment, and other related information you may wish to know is on this page.
DSS has successfully commenced recruitment intake for the 2022/2023 session. This article serves as a guide to all interested and qualified candidates. So read on to learn more about the DSS recruitment process and stand a chance of getting hold of this golden opportunity.
What is the Primary Role of the DSS?
The Department of State Security is a security agency of Nigeria. The main responsibilities of the Department of State Security is to defend and protect the country against domestic threats, surveillance, counter-terrorism, counter-intelligence as well as investigating some other types of crimes against the state.
The Department of State Security also protects senior government officials like the President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, and State Governors with their respective families.
It is also charged with the protection of other high ranking government officials such as visiting foreign heads of state and government, past presidents and their spouses, and certain candidates for the offices of President and Vice President.
So do you have what it takes to be a member of the State Security Service? If so, then read this article to the end and apply all the guidelines listed here.
In this article, we have outlined the steps, requirements, and guidelines that will guide you to a successful application. Read on to learn more.
General Requirements for DSS Recruitment 2022/2023
You must satisfy the following requirements to be selected.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth
- Applicants must be will to work in a new environment
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Present a valid birth certificate or an age declaration
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification such as an International passport, National ID Card, Voters Card, Driving License
- Applicants interested in the Department of State Service recruitment must not be over 30 years at the time of application
- All candidates must present O’level result (WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB)
- Applicants must not have any of the following problems: communicable diseases, stammering, mental problems, sight problem, ear problem, or any physical disability. Must be physically and mentally sound. No tattoos or inscription on the body.
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- Not be less than 1.65 metres for female and 1.69 metres for male candidates respectively.
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, ND, or NCE certificate from a recognized institution
- Two recent passport photographs, preferably with a colour background
- Applicant’s chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin duly signed by the Local government authorities.
- Candidates must not belong to any secret society, cult or fraternity.
- Must not have been involved in any criminal activities in the past
- Candidates will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test
- Application letter
How to apply for DSS Recruitment 2022/2023
To successfully apply for the DSS recruitment this year, visit the recruitment website at http://www.dss.gov.ng/. The application process is pretty straightforward. Carefully follow the steps and guidelines outlined below.
- Visit the official recruitment portal at http://www.dss.gov.ng/
- Create an account with your active E-mail or phone number
- Read and accept all the terms and conditions
- Enter your details correctly
- Verify all your information
- Submit your application
- Alternatively, you can simply visit the nearest Department of State Service office in your state to apply.
Dss Application Steps
- You will be required to write a formal letter that indicates your Local Government of Origin
- The application letter must be handwritten
- Your complete Statement of Results is required
Note: The application letter should be directed to the Director-General of the Department of State Service. Also, your letter of application should be duly signed by the head of your L.G.A or any top official in your Local Government.
After that, visit the nearest Department of State Service office in your state and submitting your application.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about the DSS Recruitment
1. Is DSS recruiting for 2022/2023?
Candidates interested in the Department of State Service recruitment are required to visit the nearest Department of State Service office in their states and submit an application.
2. How can I apply for DSS Recruitment 2022/2023?
To apply, visit the Department of State Service recruitment portal at www.dss.gov.ng and follow the instructions, or visit the nearest Department of State Service office in your state. Once you are selected, huge life-changing opportunities are ahead.
3. Is the DSS Recruitment form for 2022/2023 out?
We will update this page once the DSS recruitment form is out. Check the official recruitment portal at www.dss.gov.ng regularly or keep visiting this website to stay updated once the form is out.
4. When is the DSS Recruitment 2022/2023 Closing date?
The deadline for the Department of State Service recruitment 2022/2023 has not been officially announced. We will let you know once it is disclosed. Keep visiting this website regularly if you want to be notified on the latest update.
5. How much is DSS salary per month?
The average salary for State Security Service (SSS) members at Department of State Service is 210,000 Naira per month.
6. What are the DSS Rank Structure?
Below is the Department of State Service rank in descending order
- Lieutenant General
- Major General
- Brigadier General
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Second Lieutenant
- Staff Sergeant
Beware of fraudulent calls and job promises. Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job. Before submitting your application, make sure you are who you said you are.
To stay updated regarding the Department of State Service recruitment, keep visiting this website regularly.
We also recommend that you bookmark or save this page and refresh it regularly in case of any change, and we will update you as soon as that happens.
To stay updated, keep visiting this website regularly. If you have any questions regarding the DSS recruitment, feel free to use the comment box below and we will attain to it.