Applications are invited for the Africa’s Business Heroes Competition 2022. Africa’s Business Heroes directly supports talented and promising African entrepreneurs through its namesake Prize competition.
ABH aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
Each year the Prize selects ten “business heroes” from across Africa that compete for their share of USD 1.5 million in grant funding.
During the competition, participants have also exclusive access to training, mentoring and learning programs, as well as to a community of like-minded African business leaders.
About African Business Heroes (ABH)
Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) is the Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic program in Africa to support entrepreneurs. Our mission is to showcase and grow local talent who are creating positive impact in their communities and beyond, and inspire a movement of African entrepreneurship.
Over a ten-year period, the program will recognize 100 African entrepreneurs and provide grant funding, training programs, and broader support for the broad African entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Aim and Benefits of ABH Competition Award
- Learn about yourself & business
- Receive invaluable feedback
- Develop skills to tell your story
- Join an entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Access exclusive mentorship and training
- Gain global recognition & exposure
- Pitch to business legends and win your share of USD $1.5 million
The Top 10 finalists share a prize pool of $1.5 million with the first prize winner taking home $300,000 in grant funds.
How is the grant shared among the top 10?
- 1st Prize Winner $300,000
- 2nd Prize Winner $250,000
- 3rd Prize Winner $150,000
- Other Top 10 Finalists (7) $100,000
- Global Immersion Program (Hangzhou, San Francisco, South East Asia) $100,000.
Requirements for ABH Competition Award Qualification
- Open to Candidates from all 54 African Countries.
- Entrepreneurs of all ages and genders are encouraged to apply.
- Entrepreneurs from all industries are eligible to apply.
- They are looking for entrepreneurs from all levels of society.
Documents Required for Application
You will need to upload two to three key documents to successfully complete your application. Have scanned /digital versions with you to upload.
- One form of a personal Government-issued ID that belong to you (the applicant). Suitable ID includes: international passport, citizen/national card and a voters card).
- “Business license/registration certificate”: this is a legal document indicating when you registered the business with the government.
- Proof you’ve been operating for 3 years or more. This can include your registration document or bank statements in your company’s name dating 3 years.
- Round 1: An online application and review process to determine our Top 50 Finalists. Each application will be reviewed by two judges.
- Round 2: Video-Call interviews with established business leaders who determine our Top 20 Finalists.
- Semi-Final Pitch: In-person pitches with a distinguished and experienced panel of investors, business leaders and professionals to determine our top 10 finalists.
- Due diligence: Shortlisted top 10 finalists will need to pass due diligence checks by our partner: Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) in order to be confirmed an ANPI 2020 Africa’s Business Heroes and to have their chance to pitch at Africa’s Business Heroes Show
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click the link below to apply. Application Deadline: 6th June 2022.
Go to African Business Heroes (ABH) on africabusinessheroes.org to apply
For more information, visit Africa’s Business Heroes website